Thursday, July 8, 2010

kena pulok kopi tongkat ali, lagi lah berasap & silap bulan stroke...

Just a case of overeating, says Sibuti MP
2010/07/09

Share |
KUALA LUMPUR: Too much coffee, durian and mutton led to Sibuti member of parliament Ahmad Lai Bujang being rushed to the hospital on Wednesday.

Ahmad Lai denied it was caused by poor health as multiple tests done by doctors from the Kuala Lumpur Hospital yesterday showed he was all right.

"It was a case of overeating as I had drank lots of coffee in the morning and before lunch. After that, I ate durian, mutton and even had mutton soup.


"Usually when you buy durian at the roadside stall, only one or two varieties are offered.

"That day, there was so many that I could not help but try it all," he said at the hospital yesterday.

Ahmad Lai had complained of breathlessness at a durian and goat meat promotion party held at the multi-purpose hall of Parliament House on Wednesday.


He said doctors found him to be in good health.

Recalling the incident, Ahmad Lai said he felt very hot after eating the durian and mutton.

"I was sweating and felt dizzy. I put my head down and closed my eyes as I did not want to get more dizzy.


"Some of the MPs sitting beside me massaged my head and loosened my shirt while others called the Malaysian Red Crescent Society personnel to help."

Ahmad Lai said despite being discharged from the coronary care unit, his doctor insisted he stayed for another day in the VIP ward to get some rest.

"They said if I leave and stay in a hotel, people will visit me leaving me no time to rest."

Despite it all, Ahmad Lai was effusive in describing the many varieties of durian served at the promotion party organised by the Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Ministry.

"The durian were really delicious."

Read more: Just a case of overeating, says Sibuti MP http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/7/9/nation/6635584&sec=nation

No comments:

Post a Comment